- Our Company
- Business Solutions
- Client Support Center
Network / Server Adminstrator
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com
Maintains client uptime and improves their computing experiences through effective on-site monitoring, maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities, as well as further developing our company’s positive reputation with existing clients through exceptional service.
Key Preformance Indicators
- Utilization rate of 75% or higher.
- Client satisfaction rate of 95% or higher.
- Professional development goals achieved on time.
Projected Time Allocation
- 40% Onsite Billable hours installing, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- 40% Remote Billable hours providing Technical Support, maintenance and design.
- 5% Professional Development
- 10% Account Management / Presales Support
- 5% Administrative
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages, maintains, troubleshoots and supports our clients networks, equipment, software and services.
- Identifies user problems and works within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs.
- Works with other resources and vendors to deliver effective field support services.
- Identifies, documents and troubleshoots user computing issues to resolution and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes our professional services automation (PSA) solution along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver on-site user support services.
- Updates service request information with accurate documentation of all activities conducted.
- Participates in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer certifications.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers that further develop our company’s positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintains relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial to the company.
- Develop personal skills to efficiently and effectively work individually and as a member of the Technical Services team
- Participate in company-sponsored job-related activities and training to further develop your technical skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics – Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications – Expresses thoughts clearly in written form, articulates verbal thoughts understandably, demonstrates active listening skills, comprehends information heard, uses appropriate communication methods, and keeps others informed.
- Conflict Resolution – Maintains calm under pressure, encourages respectful dialogue, confronts difficult situations without bias, acts within realistic timeframe for resolution, and resolves conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency – Follows through as promised, confirms people know each other’s expectations, arrives to and completes meetings on time, meets with direct reports in-person regularly, and changes decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness – Saves money without lowering quality of service, performs within approved budget, conserves company and customer resources, develops profitable new revenue streams, and identifies new ways to lower costs.
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Manages multiple commitments and/or projects, plans and utilizes time efficiently, responds to changing customer needs, resolves conflicts to deliver on schedule, and completes work in order of customer priorities.
- Network Management – Demonstrates understanding of network architecture, responds promptly to user needs, monitors network performance, identifies and resolves network problems, and anticipates and defines future needs.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, and works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Teamwork – Contributes to a positive team effort, balances team and individual responsibilities, listens attentively and openly to others’ views, gives and sincerely accepts feedback, helps the team stay focused on key objectives, resolves team conflict before it escalates, and places the team’s success above own interests.
- Troubleshooting – Anticipates problems; demonstrates critical thinking skills; communicates with customers as promised; uses diagnostic tools efficiently and effectively; identifies, tests and implements logical solutions; and follows company troubleshooting procedures.
Skills and Qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or 2 year equivalent work experience
Computer Skills: MCSA or CCNA level of knowledge in at least two of the following:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Active Directory and server infrastructure.
- Experience with MS Exchange and/or MS SQL.
- Experience with window XP to windows 8.
- Associate level knowledge of HP, Cisco and/or Citrix technologies
- Excellent knowledge Microsoft Office and other common desktop applications
- Experience with VMWare and/or Micrsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with IIS and or Apache web servers
Certificates and licenses
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- A+, Net+ or other foundation certification
- Associate level certifications – MCSA, or similar certification or will obtain shortly after employment.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be prepared to travel as required
While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly required to talk and hear. The person must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The individual is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The person must have good close and distance vision, be able to distinguish color and focus easily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Local travel is estimated to be 50-75 percent of the time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Intent and Function of Job Description
Job descriptions assist our company in making certain our hiring process is fairly administered and qualified employees are selected. We view job descriptions as essential to our performance appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-written and maintained job descriptions are also an integral part of our compensation system.
All job descriptions are reviewed to ensure only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards necessary to successfully perform the job, whereas peripheral activities that are only incidentally related to the job have been excluded. In no instance should the requirement, skills, and abilities be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Supervisors may assign additional appropriate activities and requirements. It is possible requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. At no time will accommodations be purposefully made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on our company.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Our company is an at-will employer. At any time employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.